With graduation right around the corner, here are a few important details to remember:
- Caps and gowns may be picked up beginning June 6 at Enrollment Services between 8 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. weekdays.
- Honor students will receive their medallions and honor cords when they pick up their caps and gowns.
- Graduation announcements and souvenir tassels are available at the bookstore.
ON GRADUATION DAY – Friday, June 17
- The ceremony will be outside – rain or shine. No tickets are needed, but seating is limited. Guests are encouraged to bring their own chairs or blankets.
- Your tassel should be on the right side of your cap to start.
- All participating graduates need to check in at the gym no later than 3:15 p.m. DON’T BE LATE!
- The processional will begin exactly at 3:45 p.m.
- During the processional:
- March slowly when the music starts.
- Make sure each person has a seat before starting a new row.
- When your name is called, proceed across the stage. You will receive a diploma cover (your diploma will be mailed in about six weeks).
- You will exit down the center of the stage and return to your seat.
- Remind family and friends to arrive early to find parking.
- Parking for disabled family members is available in the library parking lot.
- Family and friends are invited to attend the reception in the cafeteria following commencement.
- The ceremony will be aired on Channel 3 and videotaped. DVDs will be available for $10 after June 30 at the Student Life and Involvement Center.
- Graduation photography by Giske Image Design will be available before the ceremony from 2:30-3:15 p.m. in the garden walkway between the Hanson building and the gym. Photos can be viewed and ordered online at www.ccgraduation.com.