The Centralia College Foundation has announced this year’s recipients of the Hanke Staff Mini-grants, named for Walter Hanke, one of the foundation’s supporters.
Centralia College staff members and administrators were eligible to apply for grants to cover expenses outside the scope of state resources, including special projects, activities, or equipment.
“State budget cuts have really impacted the college’s ability to buy and replace equipment and pursue new initiatives for students. The foundation has stepped up to fill that gap by awarding the Hanke Staff Mini-grants every year,” explained Julie Johnson, director of donor and alumni relations. “Where foundation scholarships support students in a very direct way, the staff mini-grants support the college’s overall learning environment.”
This year, $8,264 was awarded to support nine projects.
- Hand Carts
- Sandwich Boards
- Cabinets for the Diesel Tool Room
- An Outdoor Playscape for the Children’s Lab School
- Campus Recycling Receptacles
- Lockers for the Testing Center
- Promotional Products and Giveaways
- Recruitment Displays
- Centralia College East Grounds Improvement (includes additional plants, shrubs and trees, a new bench, and an outdoor banner)
Recipients will be officially recognized at the college’s staff breakfast on June 17.