Tickets for the Dave Sherwood Memorial Scholarship Elk Hunt Raffle are now on sale at selected outlets across Lewis and Thurston counties.
The raffle and hunt are back after a 3-year hiatus. Since 2012, more than $41,000 has been raised to benefit student scholarships to Centralia College.
Raffle tickets are $25. The winner will be allowed to hunt for a big bull elk (minimum three-point) on TransAlta Centralia land. The hunt is a modern rifle hunt set for Nov. 2-3.
The drawing will take at 4 p.m. Aug.5 at the Centralia College Foundation office (corner of Iron Street and Centralia College Boulevard). The winner need not be present to win. All proceeds go toward a Centralia College scholarship in Dave Sherwood’s name.
The winner is responsible for buying a Washington hunting license and tag, and will be accompanied by a TransAlta representative during the hunt.
Tickets can be purchased by cash or check at the Centralia College Foundation office.
Tickets are also available at the following retail locations:
- Joe’s Outdoor Shop, Lewis County Mall in Chehalis
- Sunbird’s Shopping Center in Chehalis
- Book ‘n’ Brush in Chehalis
- Market St. Ace in Chehalis
- Lincoln Creek Lumber in Centralia
- Lincoln Creek Lumber in Tumwater
- Riverview Foodmart in Toledo
- Ethel Market in Ethel (Highway 12)
- Stanley Store in Onalaska (Highway 12)
- Hedden’s Pharmacy in Tenino
- Colton Pharmacy in Morton
This raffle and elk hunt is in honor of Dave Sherwood, who passed away from a tragic accident while hunting for elk near Mount St. Helens in 2011. Dave was a popular and respected manager at the Centralia TransAlta plant.
For more information on the Elk Raffle, contact the Foundation office at 360-623-8942 or email@example.com.